Creative Ways to Get in More Movement Each Day
Photo Credit: Mary Wyar | Click here to read more of Case's story.
Studies show that excess sitting is linked to poor health. Leah Scott, Health Ministries coordinator for the Columbia Union, suggests these creative ways to get in more movement each day:
- Stand for at least five minutes at the start of every meeting.
- While chatting on the phone, walk around.
- Set a timer to remind you to take a short stroll every hour.
- Ask a colleague or family member to walk around as you sort out issues.
- Request a stand-up workstation—many companies now provide them—instead of a traditional desk.
- Wear a pedometer and set a daily step goal.
Read more from the August 2014 Visitor:
- Feature: Cardio Conversion
- Underscore: Meditation is Helping Americans Handle Stress, But is it a Safe Practice for Christians?
- Should Christians Practice Yoga?
- Quick Tips for Fitness Newbies
- Creative Ways to Get in More Movement Each Day
- Editorial: Continuing a Tradition of Wellness
- Articulo espcial de Visitor: Conversación cardio