Adventist Community Services of Greater Washington to Distribute Needed Diapers
Adventist Community Services of Greater Washington (ACSGW) in Silver Spring, MD, has recently been designated by the Greater DC Diaper Bank as a COVID-19 crisis hub. The Greater DC Diaper Bank is partnering with ACSGW and other basic need providers in the area to help support families during the pandemic. At ACSGW the program will allow families in need to receive up to 100 diapers per visit.
When Ken Flemmer, ACSGW executive director, was asked how they would manage the expansion to diaper distribution (in addition to the ACSGW Community Food Pantry), he replied that “ACSGW could not refuse since this was a time of great need and desperation for Montgomery County families. We will just work a little harder.”
ACSGW addresses food insecurity for struggling families and seniors in Silver Spring and depends heavily on donations, grants and volunteerism for the charitable work it has done in the community since 1983. ACSGW is listed in the Catalogue for Philanthropy and received the Partner of the Year Award by the Capital Area Food Bank in 2019.To make a donation go to acsgw.org.
Related Articles and Resources
- 5 Ways Columbia Union Members are Creating Community
- Adventists Adjust to Social Distancing--The New Normal
- Adventist Community Services of Greater Washington to Distribute Diapers
- Adventist Leaders Discuss Options for Upcoming General Conference Session
- Andrews University Transitions to Distance Education
- Columbia Union Conference Pathfinder Bible Exchange Postponed
- Columbia Union Designates Special Day of Prayer, Sabbath March 28
- Doctors Declare New Jersey Adventist Patient a Miracle
- Estimada familia de la Unión de Columbia
- Help Maryland Families During Coronavirus Shutdown
- How is COVID-19 Impacting Columbia Union Business Owners?
- How to Give Tithes and Offerings Online
- How to Help During the Coronavirus Outbreak
- How to Help Your Church Go Digital (Lots of resources)
- How to Support Older Adults
- Information Regarding COVID-19 from Adventist Risk Management
- Mount Olivet Members Answer Call to Service
- NAD Administration Provides Guidance for Church in North America During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Tips for Your Behavioral Health During an Infectious Disease Outbreak
- Visitor Team to host Conversation Series on Impact of Covid-19
- Watch Visitor News Live Episodes
- WGTS 91.9 Launches "Hope-Filled Fridays Campaign"
- World Church Executive Committee Votes to Postpone General Conference Session