November 29, 2012 ∙ by vmbernard ∙ in Perspectives
’Tis the Season to Give: Ways you can use your time to impact others this holiday season
Story by Sylvia Garcia Urrutia
If you have … Try …
- 10 Seconds: Smile at someone.
- 1 Minute: Surprise your waitress/waiter with a note to thank them for their great service.
- 5 Minutes: Pay for the person behind you in a drive-thru line. Log on to wgts919.com and click on “Drive-Thru Difference” for their details.
- 10 Minutes: Donate time or prayers to ADRA, or purchase an animal or water well for a family overseas in need through their Really Useful Gift Catalog. Visit adra.org and click on “Get Involved.”
- 15 Minutes: Support or thank our troops overseas. Go to operationgratitude.com for a list of ways to help.30 MinutesAt homelessshelterdirectory.org, get a list of homeless shelters near you, where you can organize a clothing or food drive or volunteer your time.
- 1 Hour: Follow the example of Steve Chavez, managing editor of the Adventist Review, and spend your lunch break picking up trash in the community near your work site.
- 1 Day: Help Habitat for Humanity build a house for someone in need—no experience necessary! Log on to habitat.org and click on “Get Involved.”
- 1 Week: Use your Christmas holiday to “vacation with a purpose.” Get more details at cruisewithamission.org.